Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Amazing Blessings...

When we started the adoption journey in early November, I never would have believed where it would take us. I never would have believed we would love two girls as our own, I never would have guessed the emotions felt, or the moments in everyday life when I have wished the children were with me. Perhaps the best, and most surprising piece, is the people we have met and the support we have been given. This past weekend a girlfriend of mine helped sell $723 of donated goods for us at the flea market. All free goods for 100% profit- amazing! We also found a local Congolese church and went to a service...again amazing! It was all in Swahilli, but since we were obvious visitors the paster translated for us. The music alone was pure joy and completely spectacular! The people were so warm and welcoming to us, not to mention beautiful. It made me want the girls so bad, but all in good time I guess. Adoption is definately not for the faint of heart, but the amazing blessings from it are worth every piece of paper, every class and every night awake hoping the girls will be Ok. Thank you