Anyway, here is the reason the countdown has been in my head:
This is the number of steps left to complete before the two beautiful girls are in my arms...so exciting! They steps are:
1. The girls are escorted from region to Kinshasa to stay at a Transition Home until we arrive (happening in the next week!)
2. Girls go for for medical evaluations, visa photos, and apply/receive Congolese passports
3. Agency requests embassy appointment
4. I600 filed at the US Embassy in Kinshasa (can only be done once Congolese passport is received)
5. Embassy interview
6. Girls get their US Visas
7. The girls exit permission from DGM is received
8. We are notified to travel and get to go meet our daughters to bring them home
These are how many weeks until all the steps are complete- I really hope it is closer to 5, it is my lucky number afterall!
The number of days left at work this week, I always want the weekend!
This is how many bags I need to think about packing. I have some orphanage donations ready for one bag, but I need to fill it up with more. The other two are for me and the girls.
I hope I can get my personal stuff into a carry-on sized bag and not worry too much about the weight and extra fees.
One long flight to book for hopefully a decent price. Of all the flights I have been on in my life this will be the most exciting, scary and overwhelming one.
I am still trying to figure out if booking a flight now with multiple $100 charges when I have to change it is better, or should I wait until "the call" and get a flight a few days out? Not sure yet, but once I figure it out I will let you know!